The world’s largest and most credible sustainable tourism certification program
More than 2,300 tourism and hospitality businesses around the world are growing their business, telling their green story and reducing their impact on the environment. Beginning in the UK in 1997, Green Tourism launched its assessment and green certification program as a way to help hotels, motels, resorts, wineries, breweries, distilleries, restaurants, tour operators and tourist attractions improve their sustainability and become recognized for their efforts. Green Tourism is now growing across the globe.
One of the first sustainable tourism certification programs in the world, Green Tourism has remained one of the most sought-after eco-labels and certification programs. Unlike many other sustainable business certification programs who allow self-assessments and grading, every one of our members are individually assessed by trained green business experts, who review everything from energy efficiency to food sources. This thorough assessment process gives our members insight into how to further reduce their businesses’s impact on the environment, how to best manage future projects, as well as a personalized action plan about how to build their green business.
With Green Tourism, Canadian tourism destinations have the opportunity to join a trusted and credible sustainability rating system. By becoming a member, tourism operators can grow their business and attract new visitors while ensuring Canada’s beautiful environment stays healthy for generations to come.
Green Tourism is offered in Canada by GreenStep Solutions, a Certified B Corporation.
Why go green?
Because sustainable and profitable go hand in hand.
- Set yourself apart from the competition with certification from Green Tourism, the most credible and recognized eco-rating label in the world.
- Save energy, water and money to help the earth and your bottom line.
- Attract a growing number of travellers who want to support green establishments.
- Take advantage of resources, guidance and green industry partners so it’s easier to meet your goals and make a difference.
- Be a leader and inspire your peers to go green.